Time Has Flown By

Didn't know that I was going to be gone this long but now I'm back in business.

The upstairs bathroom hasn't been touch since I've started painting due to finals, my birthday, and Christmas. I know, I know it's quite hilarious sad. Since then we have gotten a traffic jam in the half bath.
Can't wait to get that back organized!

On the other hand, I have finally gotten some inspiration for this powder room. I hate how the marble is yellow tinted and with the white vanity, no justice is served. I've came to the conclusion since I can't replace it, I might as well paint it. What color you may ask? Thinking of a dark brown/black or maybe introduce a pop of color like teal. The best way to figure something out is Photoshopping it.

Teal


Dark


Right now I'm leaning towards the first dark one but that's my safe route. I really would like to go the teal route because I think that it would be a nice pop of color. Just would have to make sure it would be darker then one on the picture since Photoshop wouldn't allow me to go darker without turning it a completely different color.

I want to go with the color that makes the floor not look so hideous since it has a lot of yellow in it. I thought of replacing the vinyl with a porcelain tile like here , or what I recently just discovered in the wee hours of the morning, vinyl planks, but I don't have the money for all that yet. A cheap and easy solution would be going with vinyl like the one here, but I don't want the same yellow spot appearing back up from the rug. I know in the end, I might as well try. The plus about the vinyl is that you have the option to grout to make it actually look like tile. WOOOOO!!!

Hopefully, I can at least paint the vanity and start bringing the room together with some accessories. It's time to complete one room in this house and be happy with it.


Labels: , , ,