One thing I had always wanted to learn is upholstery. I always thought that it was going to be so hard and I would never get it. Well never say never because the things that look challenging sometimes end up being the easiest things you have ever done. On that note, meet my latest project:
I had no idea how to cover up a bulletin board. Well I'll say I did, just didn't know how well it would go. So off to JoAnn's I went and came back with fabric measuring at 1.5 yards. Let's just say that I didn't measure this board before I took off on my journey. At first, I was going to get 1 yard but as I pictured the board and then looked at the fabric at 1 yard, I knew that more was needed. I admit I got lucky because if I was trying to measure how big/tall a room was, I would have failed horribly.
Here's the finished project:
If you didn't notice, this is no where in the house. It is at my current job as a cheerleader coach. We did a lot more decorating there so maybe later on down the line I can show you some before and afters!
Overall I am happy with it since it is my first time and I just whipped something together. I know that I could work on getting everything tighter and work on the edges because they are kinda rough. The bulletin board is up on the wall so you can't really see all of the imperfections. I'll update later with a picture of it on the wall "completely finished" so that you can see what I'm talking about.
Here's the cost and materials:
Bulletin Board: All ready had (made of plywood)
Fabric: 1.5 yards @ 14.96 (50% off sale)
Stapler and Staples (of course): All ready had
Total Cost: $14.96
I wish I could have shown you a more in depth post, but on my next project covering something I will most definitely! I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and I'll be seeing you again Monday with the laundry room finished with paint!
Labels: Crafts, DIY, Fabric, JoAnn, Upholster