Living Room Updates: New Paint & Couch!

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible for you guys!

Everything is slowly moving along here. I still can't believe that it has been a year already since we've bought this house! In my head I was thinking that everything would be finished by now, but since this is my first time decorating, it is much more complicated than I ever imagined! Before I get too far, here is how the living room looked when we moved in:







A few months ago, I laid out some paint colors on the wall, which didn't help me at all. After Caiden's room paint fail, I don't trust paint until all the walls are covered and dried.











Luckily, I decided to just go with what I know. Since I recently used this paint color is my Mudroom (don't even ask about the progress on that), I felt comfortable enough to paint my entire living room the same color.

What color you are asking?? Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. Here it is all painted with my tacky furniture:




The furniture definitely took away from the walls! I'm very ecstatic to show you the couch that I was waiting for over a month to get!! The wait was really worth it! WARNING: I WENT PICTURE CRAZY!


I just found this pillow to help break up some of the gray everywhere this week! It was love at first sight!

And yes, the tag is still on it, I just got it this week and haven't gotten around to taking it off.


Isn't she purrrtttyyy??



I hate the gray pillows that came with the couch, but they will do for now.




Can you see why I'm so crazy over it?? You may have notice some art work above the fireplace. It doesn't belong there, I just don't know where to put it yet on the walls or if I am going to. I know for sure that searching for artwork is going to take probably another year! I'm so picky when it comes to things, just like food.


I have so many ideas for this area!



I really can't get over this room and so excited to see how it evolves!




Curtains: JCPenny (House gift from mom when we first moved in)
Sectional: Wayfair
Very Blessed Art Work: Kirkland's
Brush Strokes Art Work: Hobby Lobby
TV Stand: Wayfair
Patterned Pillow: Ross
Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray in Flat

Labels: , , , ,