Painting Tricks


We all want to know the easiest ways to do everything. Why? Just because it saves a lot of time and a lot of energy that's needed elsewhere. Even though we may not know all of the short cuts, just having a few makes a huge difference! Therefore, I hope these tricks help you as much as they have helped me.














  1.  Cover paint tray with aluminum foil. This will make clean up a lot easier since all you have to do is remove the aluminum foil.
  2. Use an angle brush to get close to the baseboards and ceiling. Make sure you go slow and steady. (Even if you tape these areas there is still a chance your lines may not be straight or paint still get where you don't want it to be) .Purdy 1.5-in Synthetic Paint Brush Purdy 1.5in
  3. One of the best tricks I've learned is when you are finished using your angle brush, put it in a freezer bag and put it in the refrigerator. You can also tie up your roller brush with a plastic bag and do the same. (This will allow you to not have to keep washing out your paint brush when you are done for the day. Let the paint brush return to room temperature in the freezer bag before you start back painting).
  4. You DON'T always have to get the brand of paint that cost the most. You can always get the color matched in another brand. (For instance, my paint color is by Behr and it's called SandStone Cliff, but I decided to go with Valspar).
  5. If you aren't sure that the color of your walls will show easily through your first paint of coat, get paint with primer. (Not only does it keep the cost down for having to buy each individually, but it also makes your time painting decrease, that's ALWAYS a plus to me).
  6. Instead of painting your testers on your wall, I would find a board to paint them on. Since i figured that if I painted behind my door I wouldn't see the lines from the testers. (I'm surely happy I did because seeing those lines everyday would make me go crazy).
  7. If you do decide to tape everything, make sure you place your tape on in sections and not with one long piece of tape. Also remove tape before it finish drying so that it won't peel off the paint you just painted.

Labels: ,